Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gender Party

So does everyone have a guess on what you think the twins are? I suppose I could draw this out with some long winded response. Maybe I could even hide their gender in some cryptic message for those that couldn't make it to the party. I think I will spare you that and just use the tiniest font I can find.

ok...ok...That would be a little cruel.

They're GIRLS. It was a little bit of a shock even though the odds were 75% girls. The one ultra sound picture was pretty revealing so I had a hunch they were girls. However, I was quite perplexed when we were cutting the cake. I was expecting the center to be more redish pink. But we cut through it twice and it there was nothing on the knife. Again, I was expecting there to be some color on the knife. Even once we pulled the piece away I was going "well its not blue, but its almost white". It was a faint pink strawberry filling.

Now I can't wait to see these little girls. We can also start focusing on girls names. I must admit they are more fun to come up with. It seems girls have a wider selection for names. I must admit I'm a bit scared...raising two girls.....two curly headed, strawberry blonde, blue/green eyed girls. Oh man, how will we keep the boys away? :D



Thank you to everyone that made the very last minute party. We were planning on waiting to have a large weekend bash but once we had that envelope we could not wait. The pictures show a few of our guests, the gender photo and a picture of the cake.














1 comment:

Julie Rakes said...

Congratulations to you both! I can't wait to see them! I bet they're going to be beautiful!