Monday, February 20, 2012

Big Girl Bath & Daddy Mistake







As always these days this post is a little behind.....



However this story is just way too funny not to tell. It was January 2nd 2012 and I had the day off but Jim needed to return to work. On our drive from NY to NC a few days before we had discussed giving the girls a bath in the big girl tub. So Jim decided that we would give it a try when he came home from work on the 2nd.



We gave it a try and it did not go very well. The girls love bath time but they were not very thrilled with sitting in the Bumbo chairs. It did not take us long to realize that they did not weigh enough to hold the chairs down in the water so they were bobbing everywhere. The expressions on their faces were priceless and both kept throwing their arms out trying to steady themselves. Jim and I could not stop laughing! We then had two wet girls that we had to get out of the tub and put them back in one at a time to wash. It was not an easy bath time. To the credit of the girls though they never cried!



After we finished bath time I dressed Alana and Jim dressed Kira. We fed them and put them to bed. In the morning I went in to get them up and dressed while Jim made their bottles. Kira was awake and singing in her crib. I went to pick her up and thought how odd she feels wet. I figured she must have over run her diaper during the 12 hr. night. She then felt wet up her back and I thought jeez she is sweating. When her feet were wet I was starting to get a little worried. I picked her up - took her to the changing table - took off her PJ's and quickly realized what was wrong. Jim completely forgot to put a diaper on her so she went 12 hrs. completely free. She was soaking wet but as happy as ever! Jim and I had a good laugh at that mistake - that was a first.

No comments: