Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Last Growth Scan - 31 Weeks

Only 6 more days to go!!! We have had a lot more stressful days and nights lately but we are nearing the end. The babies have had several decels (drop in heart rates) but they always seem to bounce back. As you can imagine though each time that happens it causes Jim and I a lot of stress. My contractions are also pretty out of control. I have days when I just contract every few minutes non stop. They are not super painful but they do cause some discomfort. The doctors keep telling me I must have a high pain tolerance (I do not think so!) as they should be more painful then I am telling them they are. Saturday and last night the contractions were pretty intense and on Saturday they became pretty concerned doing another check on my cervix and I was thankfully still only 1cm dilated. They also ran this other test to check to see if I had a certain protein. This test is only accurate if it comes back negative. If negative it tells them that I will not go into labor in the next 2 weeks. Of course my test came back positive which scared Jim and I until they told us that a positive does not mean anything. Positive states that you could go into labor within the next two weeks or that you will not. So basically the test was useless for us and just caused some unnecessary stress.

My main team of doctors came by today as they work during the days during the week and they confirmed that at this point if I should go into pre term labor they will not do anything to stop it but rather just deliver the babies a little early. At this point they said it would not make that much difference for the babies. The main team is also not that concerned about the contractions. That is one of the frustrating things about being in the hospital - the doctors change for nights, weekends and holidays and they all react differently.

My blood pressure which has never been a problem and has always been very low has been jumping all over the place. It goes extremely low, to normal to very high for me. I chatted with the doctors this morning and they are watching it but they said at this point since we are getting so close and I have more normal readings then abnormal readings I am ok for now.

The growth scan went well today (sorry no pictures). It lasted close to 2 hrs. because the babies are so on top of each other that she could not get great readings on Baby A's head or Baby B's leg. So the readings are going to be off. Baby A is going to need Gma Stryker to come down and teach her how to be a lady as she was spread eagle the entire time and has been in several other ultrasounds. Baby B is still crowding Baby A but I think Baby A is starting to like it because when Baby B moved away Baby A followed her. It is crazy how tangled they both are. Legs over each other, heads right next to each other and arms all over each other. They are so cute! They each gained over a pound in the last 3 weeks which is great. They grew way more then the doctors expected them to gain so things are looking good. They are also not that far apart in weight so another good sign.

Baby A is at 1462 grams (3lbs 4 oz) and in the 9th percentile. Baby B is 1522 grams (3 lbs 6 oz) and in the 14th percentile.

They should be somewhere between 3 1/2 lbs. and 4 lbs. when they are delivered on Monday.

I am getting pretty nervous about Monday and Jim is flying high as he can not wait to see his little girls. I will be so glad when Monday is over and then I can just focus on the "Joy" of having the two little precious girls!!

One other quick note is that Jim just found out today that the girls will be able to go to SAS daycare. He needs to find out all of the details but that will save us a ton of money.

No comments: