Tuesday, July 12, 2011

PJs already?

Today was a restday.  Joy and I caught up on some rest and spent a nice quiet day together.  I also bought a new toy with all of my birthday money.  I picked up a nikkor 35mm 1.8 lens.  It is awesome.  I was having a hard time with my zoom lens because the light in the NICU is so dim.  They like to keep the lights down so the babies can sleep better and not be stimulated.  I was having to crank up the ISO on my camera in order to get a decent picture with out shooting a flash all the time.  As you can see this lens does a pretty good job.  I love it!

Joy and I then headed out to Duke this afternoon to see the girls and was given great news before we even got there.  The doctors decided to pass on the upper gi study.  They had already done an x-ray or something the other day and didn't want to expose Kira to more radiation if they could help it.  So they backed off on Kira's feeds.  We happened to be there during her 9pm assessment which meant another diaper change for Daddy to do and there was hardly any residual from her last feed which was awesome!    If they can get her back to full feeds that IV can come out.

In addition, someone put her in a cute little outfit  I guess they were trying to draw the attention from her IV or "party hat" as I called it.

Mommy looks on at Kira don't touch she's sleeping and needs to so she can grow ...sigh....
Kira's cute outfit.
Give me a hand why is the nurse stripping me?

I got lucky no poo..


Alana was sound asleep and we didn't want to wake her.  She had a great day.  She came off of the bililight and is up to full feeds with out issue (13ml) every three hours.  She did have 2 brady's.  Also, I must correct myself.  Bradycardia is not when they stop breathing and slow their heart rate, but simply that their heart rate slows.  Typically our girls don't go below the 90's so it isn't a huge scare, but alarms go nuts and some times you have to reach in and touch them a little.



Alana sleeping peacefully 

Alana still sleeping

This is Alana and I from a few days ago.


Flowers Joy's work sent to her. Gorgeous! Loving the lens

1 comment:

Louise said...

So much to catch-up on - I've been away for a couple of days. Thank you for sharing the photos - keep playing with that new lens. The girls are so cute :)